• Participate in the full development life-cycle of our core web apps including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, release, maintenance and support
• Create and execute development plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Develop data-driven, beautiful applications utilizing modern web technologies to offer a highly immersive and intuitive end user experience
• Own the development lifecycle and be responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
• Communicate and enforce coding standards
• Perform code reviews and mentor junior developers.
• Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
• If necessary, doing some hands-on coding for critical functionalities of the projects
• Continually mentoring and training team members to better their skill sets and working methodologies
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in software/web application development
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with managing the development of LAMP stack applications
• Minimum 3 years’ experience managing technical staff and software engineers – including hiring and performance management (reviews, feedback)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
• Unquestioned success at building great software products with a clear value proposition for consumers. Consistent track record of delivering those products to the market on time, on budget, and on spec
• Knowledge of web servers, load balancing and high availability
• Proficiency with database design and managing master-slave setups
• Sound understanding of cloud infrastructure. Prior experience with cloud based infrastructure setups will be very useful.
You should be comfortable walking in and dealing with start-up level engineering management issues as you quickly work towards scaling up your team size. Initially, you will be working with a small team of less than 5 people and one of the primary goals initially will be to scale the team size according to the business requirements while ensuring all development goals are still being met.